Thursday, April 5, 2012

11 months

Today is 11 months.  Of shock, grief, sadness, but also of healing and growing and hope.  It's the last time I can count Kayla's absence in months instead of years.  The 4th and the 5th of each month don't have as much weight as they used to.  But I do stop to think of her, and how much she changed my life.  I may be the only one who is remembering her today, on the 5th, but that is enough.  She is mine forever. 
 
And I have to admit, feeling her baby sister kicking and moving around, and the hope of a new life, makes it a little more bearable to only have Kayla in my heart instead of here with me. 

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, I think of Kayla on the 4th & 5th, just like I think of Kim's Adrianna on the 4th and the triplets on the 5th. Thinking about you as her 1st birthday approaches...I know the emotions all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a journey of sadness and grief, but that healing and growing is so important too! What a journey we have been taken on. Thinking of you, your Kayla and your new hope too xx

    ReplyDelete